Performance Based Budgeting
Organizations across the globe are under tremendous pressure today to manage their finances, rationalise programmes and streamline the budgeting process. With a growing need for real-time budget updates and an increasing understanding of exactly how goals are translated into outcomes, more and more private & public sector entities are choosing performance- or outcome-based budgeting to better aligns budget allocation with results.
This course teaches in-depth Principles & Application on Performance based budgeting.
There will be hand on exercises, questions and problem solving with answer provided after the sharing session.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the process of Performance based budgeting (PBB).
- Develop and allocate budgets based on funding outcomes, increasing cost efficiencies and the effectiveness of Organizational expenditure.
- Presents an Organization/ a department’s budget in a way that recognize the entity strategic and priority objectives (whether outcomes or impacts).
- Prepare a budget and identifies outputs, activities and projects contributing to the organization achievement.
- Manage results by increasing focus on service delivery and strengthening KPI accountability.
- Articulate why budgets have been allocated and sets measurable objectives.
- Identifies programs towards similar outcomes and highlighting interlinkages.
- Appreciate the flexibility of PBB where it reallocate funds to successful programs or impose sanctions on poor performers.
Head of Departments, Supervisors leading a section within a department, Project Manager leading a team that comprise of cross department personnel, Operation Manager, General Manager, Financial Controller, CFO, Directors, CEO, COO and any members whom are directly involved in the strategic planning@ Performance Based Budgeting for the sustainable growth of the Organization.