Effective Facilitation Skills
Effective facilitators know how to take charge of work sessions and lead groups toward successfully completing their work objectives. As a more inclusive and participative approach is gaining traction, good facilitation skills are now essential to the success of project completion and meetings.
This course will take a facilitative and learner-centric approach to equip leaders with the essential skills for the entire facilitation process, from strategically planning work sessions and creating formal agendas, to leading groups to generate new ideas through brainstorming events, and helping people work through difficult facilitation sessions.
This course will equip participants to
- Understand facilitation and its purpose
- Comprehend the role & focus of a facilitator for a group discussion
- Understand the benefits of good facilitation
- Master essential facilitation techniques and skills
- Differentiate between process & content of a group discussion
- Distinguish facilitation from instruction, training and chairing meetings
- Learn effective methods for planning a facilitation session
- Learn how to help a group reach a consensus and a final solution, by encouraging participation
- Practice techniques for dealing with disruptions, dysfunctions & difficult people
- Deal with controversial issues and divergent perspectives
- Give effective feedback
Who Should Attend
For Supervisors and Managers who conduct meetings, lead groups to generate new ideas through brainstorming events, and help people work through facilitated difficult sessions.
Interactive session, Facilitation Role Plays with feedback, Scenario discussions, Case studies discussion, Group activities, and Video clips.