Effective Negotiation Skill
Course length: 2.0 day(s)
Course Fees: S$395.00 (Group Discount of 10% for 3 or more participants)
We do negotiation everyday. Sometimes we succeed and sometimes we don't. This workshop provides practical tools and a clear assessment in a business negotiation with a win-win approach.
Prepare to negotiate in a business environment.
- Initiate negotiations and follow through on their results.
- Negotiate with your partner.
- Follow through on a completed business negotiation.
- Negotiate in unique business circumstances.
Lesson 1: Preparing to Negotiate
- Establish a Successful Mindset
- Research the Other Party
- Determine the Value of the Item Being Negotiated
- Determine Where You'd Like Negotiations to Take Place
- Establish Your Best- and Worst-Acceptable Outcomes
- Research Your Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA)
Lesson 2: Initiating Negotiation: Establishing the Ground Rules
- Establish Rapport
- Establish Your Status
- Choose the Communication Method for Negotiation
- Establish the Rules of Engagement
- Set a Timeline
- Establish How Negotiation Results Will Be Communicated and Implemented
Lesson 3: Negotiating
- Encourage the Other Party to Issue the First Proposal
- Make the First ProposalTopic
- Counter the Offer or Proposal
- Accept an Offer or Abort Negotiations
- Work Through an Impasse
Lesson 4: Following Through
- Evaluate the Success of the Negotiation
- Follow Up on the Relationship
Lesson 5: Negotiating in Special Circumstances
- Cross-Cultural NegotiationTopic
- Cross-Generational Negotiation
- Negotiation with Supervisors and Subordinates