Funding available for this course
This course was designed to teach you how to use Adobe Photoshop. Adobe Photoshop is the most popular software used today for creating, editing and manipulating images. It has become a mainstay with graphic designers, professional photographers and hobbyists. We'll start at the very beginning and teach you in simple, everyday language so you can understand and learn easily and effectively.
Target students include professional or amateur photographers who want to use the robust features of Photoshop to enhance, modify, and organize their photographs, and anyone interested in working toward the Visual Communications with Adobe Photoshop.
No prior knowledge of Photoshop is required. Participants need to only have basic computer skills such as locating & opening files, downloading images, using a keyboard & mouse, etc.
Upon completion of the course, participants will have the knowledge to:
- Identify the components and capabilities of Photoshop.
- Create basic images.
- Manage selections and layers.
- Modify and repair images, and manage color.
- Refine images by adjusting layers, using camera raw, and applying advanced image refinement.
- Import, export, organize, and save files.
- Use brushes, gradients, and tool presets to create raster images.
- Apply vector paths, shape drawing tools, type, and type special effects.
- Apply advanced layer techniques with masks, filters, layers, and smart objects.
- Apply actions and batch processing to automate tasks.
- Edit video by using timelines, transitions, graphics, titles, and animation.
- Set project requirements by identifying the purpose, audience, copyright rules, and project management tasks
- And much, much more!
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Photoshop
- Topic A: Organize Photoshop Assets by Using Adobe Bridge
- Topic B: Organize the Photoshop Workspace
- Topic C: Customize the Photoshop Workspace
Lesson 2: Creating Basic Images
- Topic A: Manage Image Elements and Formats
- Topic B: Apply Design Principles, Elements, and Graphic Composition
- Topic C: Work with Digital Devices
Lesson 3: Managing Selections and Layers
- Topic A: Use Selection Tools
- Topic B: Manage Layers
Lesson 4: Adjusting Images
- Topic A: Modify Images
- Topic B: Repair Images
- Topic C: Implement Color Management
Lesson 5: Refining Images
- Topic A: Adjust Layers
- Topic B: Apply Camera Raw
- Topic C: Refine Images by Using Advanced Tools
Lesson 6: Managing Files in a Production Workflow
- Topic A: Import, Export, and Organize Files
- Topic B: Save Images for the Web
- Topic C: Save Images for Print
- Topic D: Format Images for Other Programs
Lesson 7: Creating Raster Images
- Topic A: Draw with Brushes
- Topic B: Create Gradients
- Topic C: Apply Tool Presets
Lesson 8: Applying Vector Image Tools
- Topic A: Create Images with Vector Paths
- Topic B: Apply the Shape Drawing Tools
- Topic C: Work with Type
- Topic D: Apply Type Special Effects
Lesson 9: Applying Advanced Layer Techniques
- Topic A: Modify Images with Masks
- Topic B: Apply Special Effects by Using Filters
- Topic C: Apply Special Effects to Layers
- Topic D: Apply Smart Objects for Nondestructive Editing
Lesson 10: Automating Tasks
- Topic A: Create and Apply Actions
- Topic B: Batch Process Files with Photoshop and Adobe Bridge
Lesson 11: Editing Video
- Topic A: Edit Video
- Topic B: Add Graphics, Titles, and Animation to Video
Lesson 12: Setting Project Requirements
- Topic A: Identify Purpose, Audience, and Audience Needs
- Topic B: Adhere to Copyright Rules for Artwork, Graphics, and Graphics Use
- Topic C: Determine and Evaluate Project Management Tasks and Responsibilities