SQL Fundamentals and Advanced Querying
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query.
- Include a search condition in a simple query.
- Use various functions to perform calculations on data.
- Organize data obtained from a query before it is displayed on-screen.
- Retrieve data from tables.
- Format an output, save a result, and generate a report.
- Use subqueries to generate query output.
- Manipulate table data by inserting and updating records in a table and deleting records from a table.
- Manipulate the table structure.
- Create views, manipulate data through views, modify the view structure, and drop views.
- Create indices on table columns and drop inefficient indices.
- Mark the beginning of a transaction, create a savepoint within a transaction, rollback a transaction, and commit a transaction.
Individuals with basic computer skills, familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology, and who want to use SQL to query databases.
- Training is hands-on using easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions.
- Instructor-Led Training (ILT) on live exercises of each topic.
Training will be conducted by our experienced local trainer who has more than 10 years of experience with ACTA and MOS certification
Lesson 1: Executing a Simple Query
- Connect to the SQL Database
- Query a Database
- Save a Query
- Modify a Query
- Execute a Saved Query
Lesson 2: Performing a Conditional Search
- Search Using a Simple Condition
- Compare Column Values
- Search Using Multiple Conditions
- Search for a Range of Values and Null Values
- Retrieve Data Based on Patterns
Lesson 3: Working with Functions
- Perform Date Calculations
- Calculate Data Using Aggregate Functions
- Manipulate String Values
Lesson 4: Organizing Data
- Sort Data
- Rank Data
- Group Data
- Filter Grouped Data
- Summarize Grouped Data
- Use PIVOT and UNPIVOT Operators
Lesson 5: Retrieving Data from Tables
- Combine Results of Two Queries
- Compare the Results of Two Queries
- Retrieve Data by Joining Tables
- Check for Unmatched Records
- Retrieve Information from a Single Table Using Joins
Lesson 6: Presenting Query Results
- Save the Query Result
- Generate an XML Report
Lesson 7: Using Subqueries to Perform Advanced Querying
- Search Based on Unknown Values
- Compare a Value with Unknown Values
- Search Based on the Existence of Records
- Generate Output Using Correlated Subqueries
- Filter Grouped Data within Subqueries
- Perform Multiple-Level Subqueries
Lesson 8: Manipulating Table Data
- Insert Data
- Modify and Delete Data
Lesson 9: Manipulating the Table Structure
- Create a Table
- Create a Table with Constraints
- Add and Drop Table Columns
- Add and Drop Constraints
- Modify the Column Definition
- Back Up Tables Topic 3G: Delete Tables
Lesson 10: Working with Views
- Create a View
- Manipulate Data in Views
- Create Aliases
- Modify and Drop Views
Lesson 11: Indexing Data
- Create Indices
- Drop Indices
Lesson 12: Managing Transactions
- Create Transactions
- Commit Transactions