SQL Advanced Querying
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use subqueries to generate query output.
- Manipulate table data by inserting and updating records in a table and deleting records from a table.
- Manipulate the table structure.
- Create views, manipulate data through views, modify the view structure, and drop views.
- Create indices on table columns and drop inefficient indices.
- Mark the beginning of a transaction, create a savepoint within a transaction, rollback a transaction, and commit a transaction.
Students should have basic computer skills, SQL skills, and be familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology.
- Training is hands-on using easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions.
- Instructor-Led Training (ILT) on live exercises of each topic.
Training will be conducted by our experienced local trainer who has more than 10 years of experience with ACTA and MOS certification
Lesson 1: Using Subqueries to Perform Advanced Querying
- Search Based on Unknown Values
- Compare a Value with Unknown Values
- Search Based on the Existence of Records
- Generate Output Using Correlated Subqueries
- Filter Grouped Data within Subqueries
- Perform Multiple-Level Subqueries
Lesson 2: Manipulating Table Data
- Insert Data
- Modify and Delete Data
Lesson 3: Manipulating the Table Structure
- Create a Table
- Create a Table with Constraints
- Add and Drop Table Columns
- Add and Drop Constraints
- Modify the Column Definition
- Back Up Tables Topic 3G: Delete Tables
Lesson 4: Working with Views
- Create a View
- Manipulate Data in Views
- Create Aliases
- Modify and Drop Views
Lesson 5: Indexing Data
- Create Indices
- Drop Indices
Lesson 6: Managing Transactions
- Create Transactions
- Commit Transactions